Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Rock collecting

photos via ericaweiner.com

I'm absolutely baffled as to how I've just now discovered Erica Weiner. A couple of weeks ago, I met a girl who had a shiny tangle of various chains and pendants around her neck. I asked her about them, and she told me the name of a designer I instantly forgot. Then Erica was mentioned over on The Clothes Horse the other day.

Now I am lusting after several of her pieces. My favorites are the ones with geodes and meteorites because they remind me of the rock collection I had as a child. It seems like a natural progression that I should now get to wear these beautiful rock formations around my neck. Everything on Erica's site seems quite reasonably priced as well. Must have NOW.

2 comments:

yiqin; said...

Very interesting. They are all very unique!!

Adele said...

rock collections are just amazing. loving cosmic/geologic influences right now and anything kind of 'dark'.
she makes some really great pieces, thankyou for sharing!