Friday, December 3, 2010

the old lady within


I love these sequin shells from Topshop's collection of party wear. I think they'd look perfect with a black flouncy skirt. All of the sequins and sparkles really make me wish I had a few more holiday shindigs to attend. But Christmas, New Years and Birthday are all three very valid times to do the heavily embellished thing.

Topshop has really been making all of my 60s dreams come true lately. There's something so rewarding about hunting down the vintage pieces but Topshop comes pretty close. I still think the lot of the store is overpriced (it's all polyester which I don't believe should ever cost over $100) but they sure have found my sweet spot. Now I'm regretting giving away a vintage shift dress I found on eBay in high school that was red velvet with a cream silk beaded peter pan collar. Why would I ever part with something like that?




No comments: